Ambassador Intern Position with Blackstone LaunchPad at Trinity.
Application Deadline: September 4th (midnight).
Blackstone LaunchPad at Trinity are looking to hire student interns for semester and yearly work. This position will be on a semester by semester basis throughout the academic year (mid-September to May) and on a part time basis with Blackstone LaunchPad.
What is Blackstone LaunchPad at Trinity?
At Blackstone LaunchPad we introduce, support and facilitate entrepreneurship on campus as a viable career path, support venture creation and develop entrepreneurial skills and mindsets. Visit www.blackstonelaunchpad.org/ or check out our websites: LaunchPad: launchpadtrinity.org and LaunchBox: http://www.launchbox.ie/ for more information.
Role and responsibilities?
- Aid day-to-day operations of LaunchPad events and workshops, hackathons, startup bootcamps, guest speakers and mentors.
- Brand Ambassador: build awareness of the LaunchPad program (and LaunchBox program) by doing regular shoutouts before lectures in your respective lectures and classes.
- Event management: helping out with events, setting up and ordering catering, tidying up after, manning AV during events etc.
- Participate and coordinate with student engagement, marketing campaigns, social media, newsletter, content creation and blogging.
- Help with admin, expenses or small amounts of paper work. Contribute if required on specific tasks like the LaunchBox applications and LaunchPad Stewardship Council, writing of minutes or meeting room preparation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and a good team player that can also work independently.
- Experience with design, social media platforms, web tools and social media management applications a big plus.
- An interest in entrepreneurship, startup, social enterprise, social media, marketing or journalism is desirable.
Hours and compensation?
As this is a part-time role it really depends both on your availability and our need any given week. We aim to run at least three events per week in the LaunchPad Space. Busier times of year, like Freshers’ Week, and the LaunchBox pitch stages, will require more help than usual. We generally pay our student members €10 per hour for their work with us.
How to apply?
Please send your CV to both Stu Fergus (sfergus at tcd dot ie) and Alison Treacy (alison dot treacy at tcd dot ie) and cc (launchpad at tcd dot ie). We will be in touch upon your application. Interviews Wednesday the 8th Sept.