Blackstone LaunchPad Sprints
The LaunchPad Sprints programme consists of four entrepreneurship sessions run over two weeks during and outside of term. The purpose of the programme is to introduce entrepreneurship and startup practices to individuals and teams who are interested in entrepreneurship, social enterprise and other startup initiatives. Our inaugural Sprint began in November 2016 and comprised eight teams.
Our next Sprint will take place in November 2017 (14th - 23rd). Deadline: 10th November.
LaunchPad Sprints 2017 - November Edition
Our next Blackstone LaunchPad Sprints will be run in November 2017 (14th - 23rd) and will be open to eight teams (both individual and group teams) and will take place over two weeks (four daytime sessions).
The Blackstone LaunchPad Sprints programme was set up to give budding student entrepreneurs a crash course in real life entrepreneurship and idea initiation. The programme is open to individual participants from Trinity College Dublin (at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level).
Prizes include: first place €200 per team member and for second place €100 per team member. For more details please see our terms and conditions below.
Schedule and timetable
For more details and for a specific breakdown of the timetable see below:
To apply click below and submit your application before the 10th of November. Individuals are generally notified in regard to their application the following week. To apply on any Sprints programme please make sure you've first signed up to Blackstone LaunchPad's community page (which will be used during the Sprints programme).
TERMS & CONDITIONS / FAQs
- Individuals must be available to the best of their abilities for the duration of the programme (Four daytime sessions between November 14th and July 23rd). The sessions are held during lunch hours (12pm - 2pm) to best accommodate students' timetables. We require you and your team members to attend at least 75% of the sessions collectively.
- Prizes: prizes include for first place €200 per team member and for second place €100 per team member. Based on your team's final presentation and participation during the four sessions. Judges decision is final.
- Lunches will be provided for the four sessions.
- Neither Trinity, LaunchPad nor Blackstone will have any rights to an equity stake or any other benefit in the ventures that result from participation on the programme.
- While it is advisable that each team has some form of agreement amongst the members of the team regarding distribution of any future benefits, such an agreement is the sole responsibility of the participants.
- These terms and conditions are indicative only and subject to change.
APPLYING WITH AN IDEA
- You may participate with a previously worked idea.
- Applying companies should comprise of a majority of current students (undergrad or postgrad) of Trinity, or have graduated from Trinity within the last 12 months, and must be open to taking on other members during the first session of the programme. All applicants should be available for the period of the programme.
- If applying with a previously worked idea, the programme is open to teams of one or more members. The recommended team size is 2-3 people with a mix of disciplines. It is not a requirement that the applicant is an incorporated entity although applications from Limited Companies are welcome.
- If applying with a previously worked idea, the programme is open to teams of one or more members. The recommended team size is 2-3 people with a mix of disciplines.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP)
All IP created by the participants during the programme will be owned by the creators.
Any IP disclosed as part of the programme will be regarded as public and should not be regarded as confidential.
Any previously created IP (not created by the participants) that will be introduced before or during the project must be notified to the organisers at the application stage. This may be IP that was created:
- as part of a Trinity project or under a funding scheme of any kind within Trinity
- by any third party entity other than the participants